Same Day Surgery
An innovator in outpatient surgery for many years, the North Oaks Same Day Surgery Center is located in North Oaks Medical Center. By always focusing on the patient, its reputation has become synonymous with quality health care.
Many adult and pediatric procedures are performed at the Same Day Surgery Center. Some of the services available include:
- General Surgery (breast biopsy, gallbladder, hernia)
- Orthopedics (such as arthroscopic knee surgery)
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy)
- Gynecological procedures (tubal ligations)
- ENT surgeries (ear, nose and throat as well as tonsils, adenoids and tubes)
- Hand surgery (such as carpal tunnel)
- Cosmetic surgeries Ophthalmology (eye) surgeries
- Dental procedures GERD surgery (for treatment of chronic heartburn)
- Urology procedures (Tum T, cytoscope)
- Podiatry Pain management
Other procedures offered include:
- Biopsy procedures (bone marrow, thyroid, breast)
- Quinton Insertion (placement of dialysis catheter)
- Back Pain Management (epidural steroid injection)
- All private rooms with television and bathroom
- Telephone with direct dial-in
If you are interested in the North Oaks Same Day Surgery Center and would like to learn more about the availability of a certain procedure, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (985) 230-6647.
Bring Your Medications With You
Patients scheduled for outpatient procedures (surgery, endoscopy, cardiac catheterization) can save money by bringing their prescription and over-the-counter medications that they already take at home with them to the hospital. Insurance carriers or Medicare may not cover the cost of medications that you must continue to take during your outpatient stay.
Medications must be in their original container and labeled with the name of the medication, dosage and correct frequency. The label for a prescription medication must also include the patient’s name.
Home medications cannot be used if:
- Medications are in a pill organizer.
- Medication bottles contain more than one type of medication.
- Medications are in a multi-dose vial for injection (e.g., an insulin vial that is used at home that contains more than one dose). Insulin pens can be used.
- If the medication is a liquid/elixir (e.g. cough medication).
- If the medication is a Narcotic or Controlled Substance – these must be dispensed from the Pharmacy. You may leave these medications at home.
If you arrive without your medications, you will be encouraged to send someone home to bring them to you.
For information on what to expect when you are having surgery at North Oaks, please download our Patient Handbook
. If you are currently taking medications at home and are scheduled for surgery, please complete our Inventory of Home Medications
and bring the list with you when you come for your procedure. We also encourage you to read the CDC’s information regarding Surgical Site Infections