How Can I Qualify?
An applicant must:
- Meet the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics academic requirements.
Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and a Verification
Statement. To view accredited institutions visit
Meet the minimum GPA standards for North Oaks Medical Center’s Dietetic Interns.
- Minimum Total GPA: 2.8
- Minimum DPD GPA: 3.0
How Do I Apply?
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has an information page on the Computer Matching Policy and Procedures:
Submit an application through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application
Service (DICAS). The DICAS website is accessed at
- Submit the Dietetic Internship application fee ($40.00).
Please send fee to: North Oaks Medical Center
- Make checks payable to North Oaks Medical Center.
- Attn: Dietetic Internship/Leslie Ballard
- P.O. Box 2668
- Hammond, LA 70404
Be chosen as a finalist by the North Oaks Medical Center DI Selection Committee after:
- Submitting a complete application through the Dietetic Internship Centralized
Application System (DICAS) and application fee is received.
- Being notified of selection as a semi-finalist. You will be contacted via
email to participate in the selection interview.
- Completing the interview. Interviews are completed in March each year.
Participate in computer matching through D&D Digital Systems, (515)
- Students will be matched to the program through the Digital System.
For more information, please call the program director, Leslie Ballard
(985) 230-6548 or view the
Dietetic Internship Student Handbook(pdf) for a closer look at the curriculum.