Flu vaccines are now available at North Oaks Walk-In Clinics in Hammond,
Ponchatoula and Walker, and no appointment is necessary.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), getting
vaccinated every year is the single best way to protect against the flu virus.
Individuals with chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes
and lung disease are at greater risk of getting the flu and should be
vaccinated. Vaccination is especially important for pregnant women and
those who live with or care for high-risk individuals, including senior
adults and infants younger than 6 months.
Other Weapons of Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends vaccination
combined with these healthy habits to help you beat the flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw
the tissue away after use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand rub
when soap and water are unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick, stay home for 24 hours after your fever is gone unless
medical care is needed. (You should be fever-free without the use of a
- While sick, avoid contact with others to prevent the spread of illness.
Flu shots are available at participating North Oaks Clinics for children
and adults, ages 3 years and older. The cash price is $38, and cash, checks,
credit cards and most insurances are accepted.
No Appointment Necessary at our
Walk-In Services walk-in clinics.
To schedule a clinic appointment for your flu shot, call (985) 230-2778
or 1 (844) 277-8669.