The use of the Internet, cell phones, video games and other technology
to intentionally hurt another person is called “cyberbullying”.
Here are some tips to prevent cyberbullying:
- Refuse to pass along cyberbullying messages
- Tell friends to stop cyberbullying
- Block communication with cyberbullies
- Report cyberbullying to a trusted adult
Remember that the Internet is accessed by millions of people all over the
world, not just your friends and family. While many Internet users are
friendly, some are not. Below are some ways to stay cyber-safe:
- Never post or share your personal information online (this includes your
full name, address, telephone number, school name, parents’ names,
credit card number, or Social Security number) or your friends’
- Never share your Internet passwords with anyone, except your parents.
- Never meet anyone face-to-face whom you only know online.
- Talk to your parents about what you do online.
For more information on cyberbullying prevention, visit www.ncpc.org.