Treat Problem Veins Without Surgery
Varicose veins can be unsightly and even painful. In the past, surgery
was the only option for relief. Now, there are non-surgical options to
treat problem veins, such as Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) and VenaSeal™.
These procedures do not require anesthesia and are performed in-office
in about an hour, with minimal pain or scarring. Most individuals are
able to return to work/activities within 24 hours.
EVLT uses a laser to treat varicose veins.
- A thin optical fiber is inserted via a very tiny incision into the damaged vein.
- The fiber is extended the length of the vein and delivers energy from a
laser light which seals the vein closed.
- The fiber is removed and the blood is automatically rerouted to healthy veins.
VenaSeal™ is a closure system that injects an adhesive into the diseased vein.
- A small catheter is inserted into the leg.
- VenaSeal™ medical glue is applied to seal the varicose vein shut.
- The sealed vein will harden and be absorbed by the body.
How Are Results Provided?
Results are provided to your doctor typically within 48 hours of your visit.
Studies are read by a board-certified radiologist with North Oaks Imaging
Associates. Your results are available to your doctor in a CD format upon request.
Where is Vein Therapy Offered?
North Oaks Medical Center
15790 Paul Vega, MD, Drive
Hammond, LA 70403
Schedule an Appointment
Call North Oaks Imaging Associates at (985) 230-6790 to schedule an appointment.