North Oaks Health System is proud to partner with junior and senior high schools throughout the region to keep student-athletes healthy. In this unique program, the expertise of athletic trainers, physicians and physical therapists is employed to provide education for coaches, athletes and families; onsite emergency acute care at practices and games; and rehabilitation to help severely-injured players safely return to the playing field.
Fall Clinic Hours
Monday - Thursday: 5-7 p.m.
Friday: 3-5 p.m.
Southeastern Louisiana University
2nd Floor, Athletic Training Room
800 Galloway Dr., Hammond
Saturday: 9-11 a.m. (beginning August 29, 2015)
North Oaks Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Hammond Park Professional Building
2101 Robin Ave., Suite 4
Saturday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (beginning September 5, 2015)
North Oaks Rehabilitation Services
Located within North Oaks - Livingston Parish Medical Complex
17199 Spring Ranch Road, Suite 110
Value To You & Your Student-Athlete
Benefits of the Sports Medicine Program:
- Participation in “Physical Day,” which provides free physical screenings to eligible area high school and junior high school athletes (approximate $78 value within North Oaks Physician Group)
- Concussion screenings
- Assistance with equipment fitting for all contact sports at participating schools upon request
- Return–to–play assessments performed by Athletic Trainers
Value to Your Coaches
- Preferential appointment scheduling available with North Oaks Physician Group locations*
- Preferential appointment scheduling available for MRI/CT scans at North Oaks DiagnosticCenters*
- Certified Athletic Trainers are on-site at many local athletic events and varsity athletic practices
- Saturday morning clinic during football season with an Orthopaedist on-site
- Athletic Training clinic at no cost
- Athletic Trainer consults for coaches and parents at no cost
Value to Your Community
- Annual coaches educational seminar for student-athlete safety
- CPR certification (2 year certification)
- Online Sports Medicine videos for continued education available at www.northoaks.org
* Pending insurance authorization.
- Free sports safety and educational opportunities in the community
- Free annual nutrition seminar
- Other screening opportunities throughout the year
High school or junior high school students in cheerleading, band, flag team, dance, football,
baseball, basketball, track, tennis, golf or other verified school-sponsored athletic programs may participate. Members of local youth, amateur or recreational teams and leagues also may take advantage of North Oaks Sports Medicine services. Please note that the Physical Day benefits are currently only available to eligible area junior high and high school athletes.
To participate in the Sports Medicine program and receive the benefits, the student’s parent or guardian must complete and sign the form attached to the brochure or complete the online form below.
Report injuries to a member of our Sports Medicine staff, your team, your personal physician, the North Oaks Medical Center Emergency Room or the North Oaks Walk-In Clinic in Hammond, Ponchatoula or Walker. Athletes must present an Injury Verification Form signed by the school coach, sponsor or principal for any injury occurring during the current school year. The injury must have occurred during an event sponsored by the member organization.
Student-athletes must be a current member of his or her team’s active roster. The active roster ends the last day of the team’s scheduled event. Graduation from high school excludes the athlete from participation in the North Oaks Sports Medicine program.
All services rendered by our state licensed and nationally certified trainers are at no cost to the student-athlete. Co-payments and expenses not covered by your insurance plan as a result of necessary services (surgery, diagnostic testing, rehabilitation, MD clinic visits, etc.) will be your responsibility.
North Oaks Sports Medicine proudly partners with the following schools:
Tangipahoa Parish High Schools
Amite High School
Hammond High Magnet School
Independence High School
Kentwood High Magnet School
Loranger High School
Oak Forest Academy
Ponchatoula High School
Jewel Sumner High School
St. Thomas Aquinas High School
Livingston Parish High Schools
Albany High School
Doyle High School
French Settlement High School
Holden High School
Maurepas High School
Springfield High School
Walker High School
North Oaks Sports Medicine and North Oaks Orthopaedic Specialty Center are proud of the following athletic partnerships:
For more information on our program, please call the North Oaks Sports Medicine Clinic
at (985) 230-5248
. For information on keeping your student-athlete safe, visit www.stopsportsinjuries.org