Who is appropriate for aquatic therapy?
Exercising in an aquatic environment may be beneficial to those with the following conditions:
- Arthritis/joint pain
- Post-surgical recovery
- Difficulty with balance
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sensory disorders
- Low back pain, including that experienced by pregnant women
- Muscle stiffness or pulls
- Circulatory disorders.
Features & Benefits
- Our indoor, therapeutic pool is located next to North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital.
- We may accommodate our rehabilitation inpatients and outpatients with physical and occupational therapy.
- Our pool water is kept at a constant therapeutic temperature that helps aching muscles and joints to relax and improves blood circulation.
- A major benefit of aquatic therapy and/or exercise is buoyancy. The more submerged you become in the water, the less weight is felt, and the easier it is to move.
- Water also provides resistance during exercise, which may increase muscle strength and balance.
- Badou jets offer variable resistance for swimming, walking or running in the pool to help increase strength and endurance.
- A special ramp allows easy, convenient access for patients of all abilities.
- His and her locker rooms are provided, complete with showers and hairdryers. Also available are swimsuit ringers, which are designed to dry suits in a matter of seconds.
Do you have a question about Aquatic Therapy?
For more information on these services, please call North Oaks Rehabilitation Services
at (985) 230-6160
Aquatic Therapy is provided at the following locations:
North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital
1900 S. Morrison Boulevard
Hammond, LA 70403
North Oaks Rehabilitation Services
Located in Hammond Park Professional Building
2101 Robin Avenue
Hammond, LA 70403
Please fax referrals for Aquatic Therapy to Rehabilitation Services
at (985) 230-6428