Your Rehabilitation Treatment Team
North Oaks’ health care professionals are dedicated to maximizing your recovery. Our goal is to create an environment that fosters teamwork and good communication between you, your loved ones and your treatment team.
Your team includes:
to manage all aspects of your care while you are a patient on the CMR Unit. This rehabilitative physician holds a certificate of specialty from the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Our physiatrists are Lisa M. Jaubert, MD
, Medical Director of North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital, and Rachel S. Treuting, DO
- Physical Therapists (PT) to provide individualized or group therapy to improve your strength, balance, flexibility, coordination and functional mobility skills (i.e., getting in and out of a bed or chair, walking or using a wheelchair).
- Occupational Therapists (OT) to provide individualized or group therapy to help you perform day-to-day activities, such as getting bathed and dressed, shopping and preparing meals. They also work with you to maximize your problem-solving ability, memory and visual perception, strength, coordination and independence.
- Speech Therapists (ST) to provide individualized or group therapy to restore or make up for losses of speech, language, hearing or swallowing. Speech therapists work with you to improve expression, understanding, orientation, memory and problem-solving skills.
- Recreational or Occupational Therapist – provide coordination of therapeutic goals with hobbies and recreational interests.
- Case Managers or Social Workers to provide individualized or group counseling as needed. Case managers and social workers communicate closely with you and your family to discuss your goals and progress; and organize meetings between you, your family and your treatment team. They also coordinate discharge planning to ensure a positive transition from inpatient rehabilitation to your discharge destination.
- Rehabilitation Nurses to offer patient education, attend to your specific medical and emotional needs, promote your independence and reinforce your rehabilitative training.
Nursing Assistants and Technicians
- Rehabilitation Nursing Assistants and Technicians to provide direct patient care under the supervision of the rehabilitative nurse or therapist. They also help reinforce rehabilitative skills.
Our Support Staff includes a respiratory therapist, a nutrition specialist, an audiologist and a pharmacist.
Certain services that you receive as a part of your care on the CMR Unit will be provided through arrangements with North Oaks Medical Center and other contracted vendors. These services may include a prosthesist/orthotist, a vocational counselor, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, pharmacy, nutrition, respiratory care and more.
The quality and timeliness of these services provided on the CMR Unit are continually monitored to ensure that professional standards and facility needs are met.
For more information on North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital
, please call (985) 345-2700