1900 S. Morrison Boulevard, Hammond, LA 70403
Phone: (985) 345-2700
The mission of the Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation (CMR) Unit at North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital is to provide quality rehabilitative care in a warm, caring environment. The goal is to help patients return to their highest level of independent function and ease their transition back to the community environment. Hospital-based inpatient rehabilitation services using a variety of approaches to treatment promote increased function and independence.
The CMR Unit at North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital provides high-quality, short-term inpatient nursing and rehabilitative care for people with:
- Brain injuries
- Joint replacements
- Major multiple traumas
- Neurological disorders
- Orthopedic injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Ability to participate in at least 3 hours of therapy daily
- Desire and potential to benefit from rehabilitation
- Need for at least two types of therapy: physical, occupational and/or speech therapy
- Need for inpatient rehabilitation as a result of a medical condition
- Approval by the Medical Director
- 27 private rooms
- Comprehensive treatment area with advanced equipment and more than 8,000 square feet
- 4,847-square-foot therapeutic Aquatic Center
The CMR Unit has earned the highest possible accreditation awarded by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
(CARF), and is the only CARF-accredited rehabilitation facility on the northshore.
North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital also holds accreditation by The Joint Commission
Health Care Professionals:
For patient referrals, please call (985) 230-CMRU (2678) 24 hours a day.
Looking for Continued Care?
Upon discharge from our CMR Unit, we offer continued outpatient care through our Rehabilitation Services and LINK Program.