Sleep Disorders Center
North Oaks Sleep Disorders Center provides clinical services and treatments for patients who may show symptoms of a sleep disorder.
The Center’s sleep evaluations are designed to:
- Diagnose sleep disorders
- Assess and discuss treatment options for sleep disorders.
Each one of our four soundproof, hotel-style bedrooms has an adjustable, queen-sized bed, recliner and a private, full bathroom. Your bedroom is furnished with a ceiling fan, night lights, a thermostat for you to control room air temperature and a television with a DVD/VCR player.
What Is A Sleep Study?
You may need a sleep study, or polysomnogram, which measures your bodily functions during sleep, to determine if you have a sleep disorder.
There are two types of sleep studies:
- In-lab overnight sleep study: The accommodations mentioned above describes our sleep study lodging. Depending upon treatment recommendations, some patients may need to stay an extra day for a Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT).
- Home sleep test: If you have high risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea and no other medical disorders, you may have a sleep study in the comfort of your home. Your sleep technologist will show you how to hook up the testing device. Once you are finished, you will return the device to the sleep center the following day.
What is a Sleep Disorder?
If problems sleeping regularly interfere with your daily life, you may have a sleep disorder. Most common sleep disorders can be treated if correctly diagnosed.
The most common signs of a sleep disorders include:
- daytime sleepiness
- trouble falling asleep
- heavy snoring
- uneven breathing
- morning headaches
- night time chest pains
- heavy use of sleeping pills
- waking up a lot during the night.
To find out if you may have a sleep disorder, take this simple quiz
For questions about Sleep Disorders or to schedule a sleep study:
Please call North Oaks Sleep Disorders Center at (985) 230-6083.
The North Oaks Sleep Disorders Center is located:
North Oaks Diagnostic Center
15837 Paul Vega, MD, Drive
(on the campus of North Oaks Medical Center)
Hammond, LA 70403
Learn More About Common Sleep Disorders.
The North Oaks Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Sleep Disorders Director
Lauren L. Davis, MD
Pulmonologist and North Oaks Sleep Disorders Specialist