2 large zucchini
2 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup jarred bruschetta
4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Trim and discard the zucchini ends. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the middle of the zucchini and leave a thin base
at the bottom so the "boat" can be stuffed. Place the scooped-out
centers into a small bowl; set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the zucchini boats
just until they begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Immediately place
the zucchini boats in a bowl of iced water. Drain the zucchini and place
it on a baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the reserved
zucchini mixture with black pepper; add to the pan, and sauté about
6-8 minutes. Stir in the bruschetta; lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the bruschetta mixture evenly into the four zucchini boats. Sprinkle
each zucchini boat with 1 tsp parmesan cheese.
- Heat the broiler. Broil the stuffed zucchini boats until slightly golden,
about 2-3 minutes; watch closely to avoid burning.
Serving size: ½ Zucchini
Calories-127; Carbohydrates- 20 g; Protein- 4 g; Fat- 4.58 g; Saturated
Fat- 0.84 g; Sugars- 6 g; Dietary Fiber- 3.5 g; Cholesterol- 0 mg; Sodium-
223 mg; Potassium- 582 mg
American Diabetes Association