Infectious diseases are disorders caused by organisms – such as bacteria,
fungi, viruses or parasites. They’re usually harmless and often
live on your body, but sometimes they can cause disease and make you ill.
Infectious disease specialists treat:
- Infections that are difficult to diagnose
- Infections that are accompanied by a high fever
- Illnesses that do not respond to traditional treatment
Conditions Treated at North Oaks Infectious Disease Clinic
We specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of
conditions such as:
- Multi-drug resistant infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Traumatic and surgical wound infections
*North Oaks Infectious Disease Clinic does not treat Lyme disease.
Travel Medicine Services at North Oaks
Are you preparing for international travel? An important aspect of traveling
abroad is ensuring that you are properly prepared in terms of health and
safety. While you’re planning, be sure to schedule an appointment
to ensure you stay well during and after your travels.
During this appointment, you can receive:
- Health and safety advice specific to your planned destination
- Travel vaccines to keep you well
- Medicine to prevent malaria, stomach viruses and other travel-borne illnesses
Meet our Infectious Disease experts:
Schedule an appointment today. Call (985) 230-APPT (2778).
North Oaks Infectious Disease Clinic
North Oaks Clinic Building
15813 Paul Vega, MD, Drive, Suite 201B
Hammond, LA 70403
Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fax: (985) 230-7871